Tuesday, May 31, 2011
I pulled out my May kit from Birds of a Feather (which happens to have some Dutch Mustard Soup), and some Blossom Soup, a piece of Bazzill cardstock from the May kit, and a red ribbon and created this cute layout. Collin truly is my sunshine when he smiles!
very big feat for a boy who can't see the ground!). This is him standing all on his own. It's only a few minutes at a time, but each day he gets a little stronger.
Monday, May 30, 2011
Saturday, May 28, 2011
Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone, and thank you for visiting my blog! I looked through most of my stash to create this card - which was just a little difficult since I'm in the middle of reorganizing everything. I found a bag full of american themed supplies a friend gave to me while my husband was deployed and searched through for inspiration. I found a perfect sized journalling card and matted it on blue cardstock. Add in the flag heart and sticker letters, ink the edges of the card, and here you go!
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
So then of course my next though was how am I going to store the ones I'm going to keep? I need some sort of flat storage where I can keep them all in one layer. Of course, being the lover of all things Ikea, I already had a few boxes like the ones pictured below (although mine are bigger but I couldn't find them online).
So here are most of the stamps that I am keeping.. much smaller than what I started out with! There are a few stamps that I got more recently not pictured here... they must be in another box that I haven't sorted through yet, but I don't think I'll need more than this one box. All of these stamps are something I have either recently used, or I have ideas for projects to do with them. I actually may consider buying those smaller boxes at Ikea just to use less space, two should be plenty! We'll see, and for now I'll put it on my wish list with those red boxes!
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
I just came to the realization that before I can organize my supplies in a way that works best for me, I need to figure out what that is. In order to do that, I need to clearly define my scrappy goals... so here they are:
1. My main purpose for scrapbooking is to document the everyday moments. It's not just about birthdays and holidays. It's about the Saturday morning cartoons and favorite cereals and variety of personalities that I want to capture. To be able to meet this goal, I need to be better about making lists of pages I want to do and writing down the journalling I want in the moment while I still remember. I also need to get caught up with my photo editing and printing, which of course will eventually lead to the dilemma of photo storage, but I will handle that when I get there.
2. I want to participate more in the manufacturer challenges. To do this, it's best to have my supplies sorted by manufacturer.. so all those Bo Bunny embellishments will be stored with the Bo Bunny papers. All other embellishments will be sorted by embellishment type.
3. I need to make my supplies quick and easy to locate. If Collin ends up in the hospital again for another 2 weeks and I only have a couple minutes to grab supplies, or need to tell someone else what to get, it needs to be easy to find. Of course, this is why I have kits to grab, and photos will need to be specifically labelled, but also my most commonly used supplies (adhesive, scissors, paper trimmer, distressing ink, etc) need to be all together in one little tote to grab and run, then I just need to grab a box of photos and a kit or two then I'm ready to go.
4. I need to make inspiration easier to find. I had a whole shelf filled with old books, magazines, and random notes that I never looked at. I need to go through those magazines, get rid of those books I don't use, and consolidate. Of course, I will have a few magazines that I will always keep like the sketch magazines, but most of them I can rip out the particular articles or pictures that inspire me and get rid of the rest.
5. I want to use my tools more. I need to make it easier to get out the cricut or the big shot so that I can get more use out of them. When planning projects, I always forget about those tools because they are so bulky and difficult to use with my lack of space.
While I do have many other goals for my scrapbooking, these are my main ones that directly impact my organization needs. Today was a busy day so I didn't get any more sorting/purging done, but now that I have an outline of a game plan hopefully it will go a lot smoother from here!
Monday, May 16, 2011
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Friday, May 13, 2011
Looking at everything piled up in boxes, I really can't believe how much I have! So how am I really going to evaluate what to keep and what to get rid of? Obviously the stuff I don't like will go, but what about the rest? How much is too much? How many projects will sit there undone before I either do them or give up on it? This is something to sleep on and evaluate in the morning when I have a clear head....
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
I used a pagemaps sketch, and the red peppers are to the left of the photo on embossed paper.
Sunday, May 1, 2011
The Reilly Family:
I should also note that all the layouts were done using sketches from Pagemaps
I hope you enjoy! I also have a tutorial for a mini file folder on the forum, so go check it out!