Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

June Counterfit Kit


Since I have reorganized my scrap room to make things easier to find, it seems to be so much easier to have things grouped into kits. So I decided to follow along this month at the Counterfit Kit Challenge Blog to see how I do. This month they are using Burlap and Buttercup's June 2011 Main Kit for inspiration, you can see it here.



They use mostly Basic Grey and My Mind's Eye in summery greens, blues, and pinks. Of course, I don't have any of those papers, and with two boys I really don't have very much pink paper. So I decided to change the colors a bit to blues, greens, and orange, with some yellow thrown in too. I have a big collection of My Mind's Eye Breaking Free line (won as a blog prize), and I added an assortment of Basic Grey papers I thought were summery and coordinated. Then I matched up a few pages of Bazzill. I went through my embellishments and threw in some stuff, along with some brads, ribbon, and alphabets, and here's my kit I put together...



And here's a close up of the papers...




and here's a close up of the embellishments...


I'm hoping to get some good summery pages out of this kit.. let's hope I can do it!













15 comments:

  1. So happy you are playing along with us this month. I love that you made this kit your own with papers that will work great for boy pages. I also had to mix up the kit with some more boyish papers since I have a boy and a girl. Have fun creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really says, "Summer" and I hope you get to make lots with your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love hoe you use circles instead of flowers.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too did not "feel" the kit this month but I tried to match the feeling of it. I like that you added the boy tone colors! I can't wait to see what you make! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the colors that you used in your kit. It is very boyish and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some of the same papers (in my stash but not in my kit). I'll be watching what you do with it as inspiration on how to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great papers! Love that green patterned one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your version of the kit - very summery! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your paper choices for your kit. It still says summer to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'll be counterfeiting your kit! lol I have 3 boys so i know how you feel about the lack of pink paper ;) Looks like a great kit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I spy some interesting patterns on those papers - enjoy your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you're playing along this month! I love how you varied the color scheme, yet still kept it bright and summery! Have fun creating!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some great papers to play with this month. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great kit can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com