Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

March Counterfeit Kit

This month's kit to counterfeit for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge is the March kit from my favorite kit club, Birds of a Feather.

I really wanted to get this kit when it came out, but by the time I decided to go ahead and get it, it had already sold out! I'm so happy that this is the kit to counterfeit this month. I ended up creating 3 different kits from this inspiration. I started out with inspiration from the paper manufacturers. I had some yellow and grey papers from Authentique, and then pulled some papers from My Mind's Eye with yellow and a teal kind of blue with a little orange.


I then added some die cuts from both lines, some ribbons, and I think I even have a rub on in there. I wanted to keep the embellishments simple this month since I barely made a dent in last month's embellishments. I decided to stick with what I knew I would be most likely to use.


I really really loved the trendy patterns in the inspiration kit. I love the wood grain and the chevron papers. When I was looking through my stash I found the yellow woodgrain and went from there. I didn't find any chevron patterns, but I did find a couple hexagon patterns and filled in from those colors. This kit also happens to be a mix of Authentique and My Mind's Eye.

Again, the embellishments are pretty simple. I have a few stickers, some buttons, ribbons, die cuts and a few alphabets.


Finally, I couldn't resist going to my LSS to get a few papers from the Authentique line in the inspiration kit. I added a few ribbons, flowers, stickers, and alphabets and a few pieces of cardstock from my stash.


Oh, and Amy at Birds of a Feather just put up a few mini kits today for only $8.99 each, so go check them out before they're all sold out!


7 comments:

  1. Three kits-impressive. Now you have a great selection of older and newer products to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, for this month's inspiration being so small, you came up with a whopper! Great job! I can't wait to see all the wonderful things you make with these wonderful kits. Love, love, love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see how you use the hexagon papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, well you've been busy. I like them all and can't wait to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous kit - hope you have fun with it this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the Authentique paper if i had all the money in the world i would buy all of it. Can't wait to see all your wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Gorgeous papers!! i can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com